15 BEST ANDROID LAUNCHER APPS
Greetings to all, so here I am writing this post about the 15 best android launcher apps. First question arises for most of the people is that what is a launcher or an android launcher? An android launcher is something that helps you change or customize your smartphones’ user interface to provide you a look and functioning of some other smartphone. For example if a person is using a one plus android and want it to be like an iPhone, then he can use a launcher to do the same.
Launchers are there to organize and make your phone work as you desire with appropriate home screen, widgets, app shortcuts, etc. Apart from the default launcher everyone has in the mobile phones there are many other available about which I’ll be talking today and it will help decide what suits you and your smartphone the best.
Now here is the list of 15 best android launcher apps below with all of their important features mentioned and downloading links provided:
So Nova launcher is the first and the best app from our list of best android launcher apps and is recommended to try first. It provides some really good highly customizable features for home screen layout, themes and other things. Nova launcher provides a restore and backup facility for home screen layouts too when you change your phone. It also helps to tangle with the bugs properly and new features are getting added every now and then.
- You can customize the grid with rows and columns to fit all the apps and widgets.
- Make different folders with suitable background and theme.
- Keep your favourite apps in a dock with 7 apps per page and 3 pages in total.
- An infinite scroll that never let you keep far away from your favourite page.
- Some great scroll effects too.
SPECIAL FEATURES FOR PRIME USERS:
- Hide unnecessary apps to keep the screen clean.
- Set swipe actions to use desktop and dock icons in a better way.
- You can categorize apps into custom tabs and folders in the drawer icon.
- Gestures like swiping, pinching, etc. to start your home screen or desktop.
Arrow launcher is developed by Microsoft Corporation providing highly customizable features for your android, supportable to HD wallpapers it takes only 3 MB of your mobile space for this app to work. A plus point is there for the people using Microsoft products as the launcher’s features get multiple to a big level with the same corporation’s product. It gives you pre set home screen with displaying things like reminders, documents, frequent contacts and used apps, etc.
- Customize your wallpapers, app icons, app positions, themes and such.
- See your documents and pictures on a bigger screen by linking your android with a desktop through this app.
- Wallpapers get refreshed daily.
- Hide apps you don’t want people to see.
- Customize your feed to see events, docs, news and whatever you want to see.
- Lively and beautiful wallpapers.
Now comes the Yahoo Aviate launcher on our list of best android launcher apps. It is for the people who believes in simplicity as this provides you with the most simple and easy going layout and features. Similar to Google now but less progressive is also a feature named Smart Stream. It predicts the apps you need based upon your location and action apart from being beautiful. It finds the things and information required as per your need and automatically organizes your home screen.
- Hassle free.
- Easy to function.
- Several designer wallpapers available.
- Provides daily info like traffic conditions, news, etc.
- Connecting headphones automatically brings the music apps and audio files.
Atom launcher is kind of a newbie in the market but with the features it has it’s becoming really headstrong and getting recognition at a good pace. It is somewhat similar to the yahoo one in terms of being a minimalist. Its default theme is black and white which is great for the people who loves it all grey but there are other themes too for the colorful peeps.
- Bring icons from previous screen and fit into this theme.
- Swipe and double tap gestures.
- Edit icon size,name, color of names, etc.
- Atom bar with clock, Search, quick setting options.
- Combine Gallery photos with icons to create your personalized theme.
- Hide apps from people.
- Cherry on the Cake of it is being multilingual.
PRICE: Free/ $1.99
We know how much we trust and use google and its other apps for our needs and so here is the Google Now launcher to help you with the home screen layout customization and everything. It helps you with being informed with regular news, weather and other updates through a lest swipe only. Also, it provides five screen approach and reduces to three with the option of adding one more. Google Now launcher works perfect with the other google apps like chrome, drive, etc.
- Elegant and sleek.
- Long press on home screen gives access to various setting options.
- A=Z apps list.
- App suggestions as per your needs.
- Voice search anything by just saying ‘OK Google’.
TSF launcher is one of its kind with a plethora of customizing options which consists of gesture support, themes, layout, etc. There is an Arch shortcut menu which enables you to complete quick custom shortcut operations on the home screen. It keeps updating with better features every now and then to help you experience great functioning and unprecedented visuals.
- Great transition animations.
- More than 10 exclusive widgets.
- Customize icon size, color, name of labels.
- 3D home screen switching mode.
- Unlimited dock bar.
- Around 9 gestures available for shortcuts.
Apex launcher in is one of the most widely used launcher with some of the most amazing customizing options available. Here you can alter things like scrolling dock for keeping icons, fancy transition effects, etc. It is supportable for both phones and tablets with a small download size so no worries about the space taken. There are around thousands of themes and icons provided with highly customizing facility.
- Make shortcuts with apex actions.
- Approximately 9 home screens with customizable gestures.
- Folder preview styles.
- Infinite scrolling dock.
- Hide apps which are not used much.
SPECIAL PRO FEATURES:
- More flexible theme options.
- Advanced widget options.
- Unread count on notifications.
- Extra Transition effects.
- Powerful drawers customization.
- More gesture options.
PRICE: Free/ $3.99
Solo launcher is more of a user based launcher where almost everything is decided and done by the user itself like themes, wallpapers, gestures, etc. It is extremely easy to use and classy in terms of looks. It works effectively when gets the presence of other apps of the company like Solo notifier, Solo weather, etc. but it’s not necessary to use all the apps together.
- Tons of gesture shortcuts.
- Useful and interesting widgets.
- Plenty of fonts and themes.
- Change the colour of icons and folders.
- Speed booster, cache cleaner, etc. are provided as well.
9. ACTION LAUNCHER 3
The most interesting thing that makes Action launcher 3 present in our list is its covers feature that lets you replace desktop folders with shortcuts called as covers. Through this, any app or folder is quickly accessible just with a slide or tap gesture. There are also frequent updates, icon pack support, editing layouts and a lot more. Also, there is a feature of quick theme function which alters the icon’s colour and everything in an organized manner to match up with the wallpapers.
- Shutters to check app’s widgets.
- Quick theme to customize the colour of UI.
- Flexibility with class.
- Keep finding the desired theme by changing frequently as much as you want.
PRICE: Free/ $4.99+
10. LAUNCHER 8
So launcher 8 is for those who like to work and operate through windows. The default theme is that of Windows 8 but it can be changed into others colours and themes as well. Being based on Windows it consists of panels, blocks, etc, in alphabetical order and can be customized by changing the size and position of the squares and creating new ones too.
- Preset theme classic blue.
- Fully configurable.
- Add custom touch as per the wish.
- Keep your home screen organized with new skin every day to add a little twist.
PRICE: Free/ $1.99+
11. BUZZ LAUNCHER
Buzz launcher provides you with the most amazing features, themes and other stuff. Slide two fingers downwards on the screen and get access to the gallery of thousands of themes. It also offers themes with 3D effects and provides notification of updated widgets on the home screen. The most amazing and superb feature in this launcher is that you can share your favourite themes with your friends via facebook, twitter, etc.
- 500,000 home screen themes.
- Alter things regularly.
- Great customizing authority.
12. HOLA LAUNCHER
Hola launcher have also been one of the user’s favorite apps. A long press on the app list makes it organize in alphabetical order. It also groups similar kind of apps into one folder under one category to make your device look clean. Edit themes, home screen layout, and search for the things directly from the main page using an integrated search bar.
- Speed booster.
- Battery saver.
- Easy access through things with left and right swipes.
- Fast working.
- Hide apps.
13. C LAUNCHER
C launcher enables you to personalize your android phone with some super interesting features and widgets. It comes with a default theme with its own wallpaper and rounded icons package. In terms of outlook, its quite simple, beautiful and graceful with a great selection of wallpapers and icons. Additionally, it just takes about 2 MB of your phone’s space so no need to worry about that.
- Elegant, fast and light.
- Extra customization packages to download.
- Hide an app quickly.
- Transitions with 3D effect.
14. ZenUI LAUNCHER
ZenUI launcher is developed by ASUS and helps in changing themes, fonts, etc. Customize the transitions, scroll effects, font size, icon size, widgets on home screen, and a lot more. Apt for the people who like it all clean without much big tricky features. Also, it has a system-wide search accessible by swiping down on the home screen.
- Download several themes and icon packs.
- Auto group related apps using Smart group.
- Contextual app discovery feature to explore more apps.
- Applock and Hideapp features.
- Organize apps and folders in one and two layer mode.
15. LIGHTENING LAUNCHER.
- Simple and elegant.
- Customize according to your own wish.
- Fast and light on memory.
- Zooming options.
- Change status bar colour, gestures, grid lines and much more.
PRICE: $4.99/ $1.99
So here we will end this post with the list and thanks a bunch for reading. Please share your views and experiences with these launchers and let us know about any other good ones that we missed in the comment section below.
You may also like to read our last post which was: 7 BEST PLAY STATION EMULATORS FOR ANDROID.