Honourable Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi launched BHIM App on December 30, 2016. BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cash payments through your mobile phones. BHIM App is Made in India and is totally dedicated to the service for the people of India. It requires permission to access to your Phone calls and SMS to verify your Phone number.
BHIM app Supported by the following banks:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, City Union Bank, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank, Yes Bank Ltd.
How does BHIM App work?
- Download the app from Google Play store.
- Once installed, Register your Bank account with BHIM App.
- Setup a UPI PIN for the bank account.
- Your mobile number is payment address, and you can simply start transacting money.
How to Send / Receive money?
- Make cashless payments or receive money from others through a mobile number or payment address.
- You can also send money to an unregistered user through their Account number and IFSC Code.
- If required, you can reverse your payments and collect the money instantly by sending a request.
How to Check Balance?
- You can check your balance and transaction details on the go.
Create custom payment address
- You can create a custom payment address in addition to your mobile number.
- You can scan your QR code for faster entry of payment address.
- Merchants and Shopkeepers can easily print their QR Code for display.
- Maximum limit of per transaction is Rs.10,000/-
- Maximum limit of per day transaction is Rs.20,000/-
Language supported by BHIM app
English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati and Odia.
What’s New !!
- Privacy settings are now improved with an option to ”Disable mobile-number@upi.”
- Retry your Mobile registration through OTP/ USSD.
- Now change SIM for Dual-SIM phones.
- Restore forgotten passwords.
- Report issues to banks and view the status of resolution.
- Reverse received payments.